Monday, June 9, 2014

Having a Baby?



Congratulations!  

I am not...

But not too long ago I was... been there, done that (hopefully will do it again someday, but my little darling is only 9 months old... I'm in no hurry...I just gained the ability to roll over in bed again, I'm not ready to give that perk up!).  When I did find out I was having a little one, I wanted to share it with many people but I found myself MOST excited to tell my class that year.  I waited long enough to be safe because I'm a major worrier... but the first people I felt like telling was my class (beyond family).  It was exactly what I imagined!  I did a code sheet where students had to figure out my "secret message".  The message says, "I'm going to have a baby".  I told the kids once they figured out the code to flip their papers over and don't say anything until everyone was done.  This was comical.  Some of them were flipping out!  They wanted to announce it so bad, and I had one slow worker who was not figuring it out fast enough and the class was going nuts.  Once they had all figured it out though we all celebrated!

I did another fun activity when I found out the gender of the baby.  We did a bunch of graphing and predicting about what they thought I'd have... and then the fun part.  I randomly handed out blue and pink balloons poking a hole in all the blue balloons.  When the kids went to blow up the balloons... only the pink ones blew up!  It's a girl!!!!

There are so many fun little things you can do in your class to enjoy this special time in your life.  They get pretty excited about it too because let's face it, you're a big part of their life!

I put all of these ideas and more into this little packet on my TPT store.  If you're interested (having a baby or know someone who is) check it out!  It's got some class books you can make, the two activities I talked about, and a great way to get some ideas for baby names! To pick one up, click on the first picture below and it will take you to my store.

 My Teacher is Having a Baby







No comments:

Post a Comment