Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Story Sequencing Activities for 2nd Grade Reading Street

Took a bit off to spend some daughter and me time!  Plus, I have this obsessive personality when it comes to making things and sometimes I don't know when to slow down and I just get burnt out.  I was a bit burnt and needed a little thinking time!  Does that happen to anyone else?

When we got our new reading series a few years ago I was a bit nervous.  We went with Scott Foresman's Reading Street.  I really have enjoyed it.   I found myself wanting to have the kids sequence the story so a co-worker and myself last summer made up these sheets.  It's a cut and paste activity.  At the beginning of the year I would do it with the students and towards the end of the year they were able to do it by themselves.  I would sometimes let them work in groups.  To add a bit more of a challenge, I have my kiddos write underneath what PAGE they found this on!  I have really enjoyed that.  If this sounds like something you're interested in and would like a closer look, check it out on my TPT store.  I recently bundled all Units together to save people $5 too.  Click the pictures below for the link back to the store.






          

             

             


My week off had me all crafty!  I made my sweet pea this super funny shirt!  She just makes the best model to all my crazy Pinterest tries.  I have many a Pinterest FAILS but I gotta say, I think I nailed this one!  Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment