Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Second Day of Second Grade

Each year there is a few different days that I truly look forward to.  Days like Spooky School, Grinch Day, & Second Day of Second Grade.

I truly love this day.  When I first started teaching my mentor teacher told me about different things she does for the 2nd day of 2nd grade.  I took her activities and many ideas floating around in my head and just rolled with it!  Every subject on the 2nd day revolves around the #2.  I really have found this builds excitement among the second graders for this year of second grade.  It pumps them up to be a second grader.  It's always tough coming back from summer and so it's nice to have a day of some unique activities.

This packet that I created has so many different activities that I never can do them all in one day.  I like to pick and choose some of my favorite activities and just go with those.  I mix them up each year too, so I don't get too sick of things.  Every year I seem to think of 1 or 2 new ideas that I end up adding to this packet so if you do purchase it, every year be checking for a redownload.  It's funny... the best ideas I get come to me at such random times.... washing my hair in the shower, driving to school, going on walks with Grace.  It seems like everytime I get a great idea I never have a pen to write it down!  Many ideas of mine have probably gone forgotten because of this.
Click to Purchase or View in Further Detail

Here are some highlights from this packet (my favorites).

Two Posters






Double Bubble Activity

Naming Seconds

Shoe Sort

2nd Day of 2nd Grade Would you Rather 

There are many other 2nd Day of 2nd Grade activities in here, and I hope I have convinced you of the greatness of this day!  Let's get those 2nd graders excited to be in 2nd grade!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment